About this item
- High in Nutrients Natural Coconut Sugar is NOT made from coconuts. It is made from the nectar of coconut tree blossoms. Our coconut trees are grown organically with no pesticides. The process of nectar collection requires highly skilled and trained farm workers. Sustainable methods are used to preserve the farming ecosystem.
- Low Glycemic Index – A ranking of carbohydrates in foods according to how they affect the blood glucose levels. Food with a GI value of less than 55 is good because it is digested, absorbed, and metabolized slowly causing a slower rise in blood glucose and therefore insulin levels. Coconut Sugar has a GI of 35 to 37.
- It can be used as a substitute for cane sugar in a 1:1 ratio. 1 tsp of white or brown cane sugar = 1 tsp of Coconut sugar
- Suitable for Children, Paleo Diet, Vegan. Ideal for children because of the low GI value which doesn’t give the “sugar high” on the consumption of sugar. 100% Natural.
- No Preservatives, Unrefined & Unbleached. Coconut sugar has a natural caramel flavor. Unique flavor with a sweet fruity smell